domenica 17 dicembre 2023

Reo Speedwagon - 1978-12-17 - Chicago, IL (FM/FLAC)



(FM broadcast FLAC)

LINEAGE:
Unknown lineage > FLAC files sent by "bobobo" > me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify ffp & md5 files) > you

Artist: REO Speedwagon
Date: December 17th, 1978
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Venue: International Amphitheater
Title: Chicago '78
Label: None
Source: SB/FM BX
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes (1 CD version artwork)
Size: 602 MB
Length: 91:17:41

CD 1:
01. interview
02. Say You Love Me Or Say Goodnight
03. Like You Do
04. Lucky For You
05. Son Of A Poor Man
06. Drop It (An Old Disguise)
07. Roll With The Changes
08. Being Kind (Can Hurt Someone Sometimes)

CD 2:
01. Keep Pushin'
02. The Unidentified Flying Tuna Trot
03. Gary Richrath (guitar solo)
04. 157 Riverside Avenue
05. Ridin' The Storm Out
06. Golden Country
07. Little Queenie

This copy sounds excellent and the only real issue is the last minute or so of the final track.  "Little Queenie" has some kind of audible clicking error at the very end of the show and disc. But so whgt?  At least it's in the last minute or so of the show. This is an REO Speedwagon in their prime show!  And when you hear the interview before the show, you can make an educated guess as to what they were primed up on too.  Kevin Cronin has always been a talker during shows.  It can get a little irritating when you want him to shut up so the band can start playing again.  But this interview before the show has him talking 100 mph and kind of makes you think "what is he on?"  The band is superb in their playing and the recording has good stereo separation too with Gary Richrath's guitar in the right channel.  This really is a spectacular show.

I was going to upload this show yesterday and I did and EAC rip of my Kodak Gold CD-R copy of it from a 2000 trade I did with a great Zeppelin trader back in the day.  But then I realized something.  There was a 2 CD copy out there and I didn't have it.  I could only find a lossy mp3 copy of it and that just wouldn't work!  I thought about an REO Speedwagon collector/sharing friend I met on Dime, "bobobo", and I messaged him and asked if he had the 2 CD copy.  And when I checked back a little later, he had sent it to me.  So all thanks goes to "bobobo" for this more complete copy of the concert.  It was definitely worth waiting just a short time on the uploading of the concert to get it.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento