martedì 11 luglio 2023

Elvis Costello - 1989-07-11 - Montreux, CH (FM/FLAC)

(FM broadcast FLAC)

Elvis Costello solo
Montreux Jazz Fest
July 11, 1989

lineage
FM>?>cdr(?)>eac>flac

01. Accidents Will Happen (cuts in)
02. Watching the Detectives (cuts in)
03. That Day Is Done
04. Almost Blue
05. Veronica
06. God's Comic
07. So Like Candy
08. New Amsterdam/You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
09. American Without Tears
10. Alison
11. Shamed Into Love
12. I Want You
13. Baby Plays Around
14. Radio Sweetheart/Jackie Wilson Said

This show has been around forever, and it was very hissy, but a great set. Many years ago, I was doing a trade with a guy across the ocean and he casually mentioned that he had the show in really good quality. I decided to go for it, but I was dubious. Lo and behold, it did sound better than my version. I don't know how it ranks against your copy, but I like this. Despite the fact that it has the same old Elvis solo standbys that we're so sick of by now (Radio Sweetheart, God's Comic), it has some oddball songs like Shamed Into Love, So Like Candy, and That Day is Done that make it essential. It's always good to hear New Amsterdam as well.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento