mercoledì 18 maggio 2016

Dream Theater - 2016-04-30 - Chicago, IL (AUD/FLAC)

(Audience FLAC)

Chicago Theater 

Roland R-09HR (internal mics) > WAV > PC > Soundforge (using Ozone 6 Pro and RX Final Mix) > FLAC > you 

Act I 
01. Descent Of The NOMACS 
02. Dystopian Overture 
03. The Gift Of Music 
04. The Answer 
05. A Better Life 
06. Lord Nafaryus 
07. A Savior In The Square 
08. When Your Time Has Come 
09. Act Of Faythe 
10. Three Days 
11. The Hovering Sojourn 
12. Brother, Can You Hear Me? 
13. A Life Left Behind 
14. Ravenskill 
15. Chosen 
16. A Tempting Offer 
17. Digital Discord 
18. The X Aspect 
19. A New Beginning 
20. The Road To Revolution 

Act II 
21. 2285 Entracte 
22. Moment Of Betrayal 
23. Heaven's Cove 
24. Begin Again 
25. The Path That Divides 
26. Machine Chatter 
27. The Walking Shadow 
28. My Last Farewell 
29. Losing Faythe 
30. Whispers On The Wind 
31. Hymn Of A Thousand Voices 
32. Our New World 
33. Power Down 
34. Astonishing 
35. Credits 

notes by the taper
I am a relatively new Dream Theater fan (about 3 years) even though I'm going to turn 62 in a month. A friend of mine and I decided that as a bucket list item that we would try to see Dream Theater and pull out all the stops. In December this tour was announced and I get in on the pre-sale and get 2 Platinum VIP tickets to the Chicago show and then we wait for April 30th. 

The day arrives and we do it up big with expensive hotel, reservations at Morton's Steakhouse (maybe we should have gone to Gibson's) and then the meet & greet with the band. The meet & greet doesn't start until 5pm so we have time to kill and decide to take the Chicago Theater tour at noon. It's interesting and then the tour guide takes the small group into the theater proper. At that point I lose interest in the tour and now I'm focused on the band's stage crew setting up for tonight's show. I take 30 photos or so (included here). They are nearly done and are testing lights and running white noise through the PA and testing the sub-woofers. Fun times! 

Showtime arrives and we do the meet & greet (my first) and it was fun. The band was gracious and everyone was nice. Security, though, was tigjht with regards to cameras and recorders. When in line to go into the theater for the meet & greet they tell us we will be wanded as we go in, but lucky me the guy with the wand wasn't too diligent and missed me altogether. He gave my buddy a half-hearted wanding and we were in. After the meet & greet we could leave the theater and come back for the show, but I opted to stay as I didn't want to risk being wanded again. It all worked out fine. 

The show was recorded from the 2nd row, 5 seats from the center on the left right in front of John Myung. I stuck the recorder in my shirt pocket and let 'er rip. There are some downsides to being that close when recording. The keyboards were lost at times or at low volume. I would imagine being back would have helped. Sometimes the guitar didn't seem loud enough either, but being up close to watch the band is quite incredible. I think the recording came out good. A lot clapping and some crowd noise in the expected spots. 

I've included a folder of photos from that day. The stage set up ones aren't the best as my zoom wasn't that good. The meet & greet ones were not taken by me, but by Zippy, the meet & greet coordinator. I hijacked them to give you an idea of what the meet & greet was like in Chicago. 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento