giovedì 14 dicembre 2023

Tom Waits - 1976-12-14 - New York City, NY (FM/FLAC)



(FM broadcast FLAC)

NIGHTHAWKS ON THE RADIO

Remastered Edition

Originally CD-R traded on the Rain Dogs imprint

Recorded at Media Sound, New York, December 14, 1976.

Lineage: 
Recording from WNEW-FM NYC 96-03-24 > ??? > SHN > Usenet > me > .wav > data CD > Audition > FLAC > you

01 Intro + Emotional Weather Report
02 A Sight For Sore Eyes
03 Step Right Up
04 Medley - Eggs And Sausage + Invitation To The Blues
05 Jitterbug Boy
06 Diamonds On My Windshield
07 San Diego Serenade
08 Tom Traubert's Blues
09 A New Coat Of Paint
10 The Piano Has Been Drinking
11 I Can't Wait To Get Off Work

From the text on the front insert:
"This was a show that I recorded with Tom in December of 1976 that was originally broadcast on WNEW during my first sojourn at the station. I played this one-hour rare tape tonight as my contribution to the station's "From The Archives Weekend." Tom and I, and drummer Ralph Ebler, taped this at a recording studio in town - Tom at the piano, Ralph on snare drum and hi-hat; it was unrehearsed, unscripted and totally cool! This is the first time the show has been aired in its entirety since the original broadcast almost 20 years ago." - Vin Scelsa

I'm listing this as an FM recording, because I don't know for sure that it isn't; there is no 19 KHz pilot tone on it to identify it as an FM recording. The original files ran at the wrong speed, and there was a pretty serious channel imbalance. I corrected the pitch to A=440, matched the levels and ran phase correction on the whole program, then resplit the tracks and converted to FLAC.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento