mercoledì 18 ottobre 2023

Megadeth - 2015-10-18 - Sydney, AU (AUD/FLAC)

(Audience FLAC)

Live at the Hordern Pavillion

Source/Lineage: 
Core Sounds Cardioids (pointed towards stage) -> Sony PCM-M10 (line-in, 48kHz 24 bit) -> Soundforge 11.0 w/Izotope Ozone 6 Mastering Plugin -> FLAC Level 8 

Recorded, mastered and processed by: Yours truly ... Starclassic. 

Location: 
Centre stage in front of sound desk. 

01 - Intro 
02 - Hangar 18 
03 - Kingmaker 
04 - Dave welcomes the crowd 
05 - Wake Up Dead 
06 - In My Darkest Hour 
07 - She Wolf 
08 - Megadeth's Hollywood Mentions 1 
09 - Sweating Bullets 
10 - Public Enemy No. 1 
11 - Dawn Patrol 
12 - Poison was the Cure 
13 - Tornado of Souls 
14 - Megadeth's Hollywood Mention 2 
15 - Trust 
16 - A Tout le Monde 
17 - Dave talks about making comments under the influence 
18 - Skin o' My Teeth 
19 - Dave talks some more and rips on a Cleveland fan 
20 - Cold Sweat 
21 - Symphony of Destruction 
22 - Megadeth's Hollywood Mention 3 
23 - Peace Sells 
24 - Fatal Illusion 
25 - Dave asks for feedback on Fatal Illusion and rips on another fan 
26 - Holy Wars 
27 - Outro and Dave bids Sydney goodnight

Notes by the taper:
The last Megadeth concert I recorded and posted here, I said that I've grown a little tired of them. Well, this has put an end to Megadeth concerts for me. The same old songs played to death in previous tours continued to be played to death but now in lower keys to accommodate Dave's weary voice. Tempos somewhat slowed for some tunes. It's just not what it used to be. Sorry to all my fellow Megadeth fans out there but MegaDave has become just ... Dave. It's time to throw in the towel. The only entertaining thing about this concert for me was Dave occasionally ripping into the fans (who deserved it, of course). It was hilarious and everyone else around me thought the same. 

The sound guy, on the other hand, was a complete dickhead. Absolutely ZERO capability. You will find Dave's vocals are all over the place, mostly non-existent. Zero control over the dynamics, phasing and can't even find the damn fader to open the bloody mic!!!!!!! Sorry, I can only do so much. The guitars were also all over the place, mostly too harsh. Sorry, I can only do so much with that too. The kick drums, as friggin' always, were just too damn boomy and Dave E's bass was somewhere in that mix but again, I can only do so much. 

Overall, I give the sound a rating of D. It sucks. I only went to record it for those who requested it. Take a listen to the sample and if it still whets your appetite, do as you please. All feedback appreciated as always.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento