domenica 24 aprile 2022

Blondie - 1978-11-12 - New York City, NY (SBD/FLAC)



(Soundboard FLAC)

(w/encore special guest : Robert Fripp)
The Palladium

Disc 1
01) [Intro] > In The Sun
02) X Offender
03) Hanging on the Telephone
04) Detroit 442
05) Fan Mail
06) Picture This
07) 11:59
08) Pretty Baby
09) (I'm Always Touched by Your) Presence, Dear
10) Sunday Girl
11) Denis
12) I'm On E
13) I'm Gonna Love You Too
14) Will Anything Happen?
15) Fade Away and Radiate %

Disc 2
16) I Know But I Don't Know
17) One Way or Another
18) Youth Nabbed As Sniper
19) Kung Fu Girl

Encore 1:
20) [Fripp intro]
21) Sister Midnight
22) "Heroes"

Encore 2:
23) Bang a Gong (Get It On)


[Found Flaw: 15 FAaR - @ 3:42 - % w/ 1 sec dropout = tape flip ? (about 15 sec missing before the ending, from the bridge, end of first line in second serving of, "Oh, beams become my..." / "...radiate") -ed. md 2014]

{LATE ADDITION (By Subtraction) INFO -- Complete Show? No. Missing "Heart Of Glass."

You can hear HOG just start to follow FAaR, but fades away and radiates not, rather it stops and disappears, from only known existing, SBD recording. This was neither addressed nor mentioned by the uploader... Maybe whoever originally shared the SBD did not like "The Disco Song."}

Uploader's Comment: A comment from rtalwani on my Blondie May 4 1978 torrent asked if I had taped them in 1979 at the Palladium, with Fripp. I hadn't, but i did have a soundboard of that show. I didn't originally like the quality and gave it a "good" rating, sort of 3 out of 10. But I just gave it a listen and was suprised to find that it's really very good.
It's an odd mix, maybe a monitor recording for the rhythm section; certainly the bass and drums are quite present. But so is everything else, and it really is ok and doesn't even seem very far off the master. I took a quick look and it doesn't seem to be a common recording so here it goes. Maybe someone has a better copy, perhaps in stereo? This one seems to be mono.
I don't know the exact date, but this is the show that rtalwani was asking about because Fripp is on Sister Midnight and Heroes. My pitiful attempt at a songlist follows, feel free to correct...

1 commento:

  1. I recorded the 11/12/78 Blondie show at The Palladium on cassette.

    RispondiElimina