giovedì 16 settembre 2021

The Rolling Stones - 2013-06-24 - Washington, DC (AUD/FLAC)



(Audience FLAC)

Verizon Center

Source:
CA-14(cardioids)>CA-STC9000>Sony M10(24/48)

Transfer: 
Micro SDHC>PC>WAV>CQ Mastering>FLAC(16/44.1)

Location: 
Section 1 Row L, in line with stage right stacks

Taper: 
Lostbrook

Mastering:
CQ

Covers: 
Ethiessen1

01 Intro
02 Get Off Of My Cloud
03 It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll (But I Like It)
04 Paint It Black
05 Gimme Shelter
06 Worried About You
07 Street Fighting Man
08 Emotional Rescue
09 Doom And Gloom
10 One More Shot
11 Honky Tonk Women>Band Introductions
12 You Got The Silver
13 Before They Make Me Run
14 Midnight Rambler*
15 Miss You
16 Start Me Up
17 Tumbling Dice
18 Brown Sugar
19 Sympathy For The Devil

Encore:
20 You Can’t Always Get What You Want**
21 Jumpin’ Jack Flash
22 (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction*

* with Mick Taylor
** with The Washington Chorus

Notes by the taper:
I wouldn't have gone to this concert but for the fact that two of my sons have recently become obsessed with the Stones. I personally haven't been much of a fan since Mick Taylor left. I was fortunate to attend a 1972 concert at MSG, but the magic was gone for me after seeing them one last time in 1975. Ticket prices, of course, have increased "slightly" since then, and I was faced with the dilemma of buying four tickets - my oldest son would have to come too. Fortunately, my wife is not a fan. My original plan was to buy the least expensive seats and be happy to be in the building. Then my taper mindset kicked in - there was no way I was recording this show from lousy seats. My entire recording career was undoubtedly influenced by the great audience recordings that I devoured from the '69 and '72 tours, so it was only fitting that I try to produce my own. I decided to bite the bullet and offered to buy floor seats for all of us IF my sons would accept the ticket as their upcoming birthday gifts - triple what I would ordinarily spend on them. My youngest son took the deal but my older boys decided to gamble on the $85 lottery. When tickets went on sale, I was able to secure 2 seats in Section 1 and my other sons were fortunate to nab a pair of the $85's (and yes, I still have to buy them birthday gifts!) As the date drew nearer, I found myself feeding off their excitement as we counted down the days. I followed the tour closely on the IORR site and found myself getting excited on my own. After all, I too had been an obsessive fan back in the 60's and early 70's. I also kept a close eye on Ticketmaster, and sure enough, better seats popped up in my section. I called for an exchange and was surprised when the agent cheerfully moved us up 11 rows.

The evening was close to perfect. We beat the traffic and some nasty thunderstorms, found a good parking place, and had a nice dinner at The Green Turtle. My sons picked up their $85 tickets and were disappointed to learn they had last row in the far corner. We had discussed some self-upgrading strategies beforehand and - talented boys that they are - they stealthed their way close to the stage in Section 112 Row C for the entire concert. This was a dream come true for them, as it was for my youngest son in the 12th row with me. I could complain about some of the song choices or the limited use of Mick Taylor (perhaps one day we'll understand the reason) but what's the point?. It was the Stones' party and we were thrilled to be there. The concert was one long celebration. The recording location was perfect. The sound was excellent and our neighbors were quieter than I could have hoped for. I'm very pleased with the results and I hope you are too.

1 commento: