venerdì 1 settembre 2023

Spirit - 1977-09-01 - West Hollywood, CA (AUD/FLAC)


 
 (Audience FLAC)

Whiskey A G0-Go

West Hollywood, California, USA

Source:

2 Sony ECM-280 microphones > Sony TC153 SD (w/ Dolby)

The early show was recorded by John and the B-Man (with help from Sue).

My first generation copy is on a reel and my deck needs repair so this is sourced from B-Man's first generation cassette copy.

Master > Akaii (unknown model) cassette deck > Harmon Kardon stand alone CD recorder > ? > CDR's sent to me from BP3


I reviewed these 2 discs and there were some minor issues that needed to be cleaned up.

Audacity was used to combine all tracks into one.

Audacity (Removed a few dropouts and the track split gaps found on these 2 discs) > CD Wav > Flac (Level 8) > Stamp ID3 tag editor


The late show was recorded by John and I.


Master cassette (Maxell UDXL-C90) played back on my Nakamichi CR-3A > Audigy 4 pro @ 24/44 >
Audacity (clean up) > Audiogate (convert to 16-44) > CD Wav > Flac (Level 8) > Stamp ID3 tag editor

There are occasional audio disturbances during both sets that I believe came from adjusting the recording levels (with dirty sliding type potentiometers).

"Living in this World" is slightly damaged by this (or something else).

Randy California - guitar & vocals

Ed Cassidy - drums
John Locke - keyboards
Larry "Fuzzy" Knight - bass & vocals

disc one

Early show:

01. Nature's Way
02. Take It In Time
03. Genetic Dreams / Band Introduction
04. All Along The Watchtower
05. (Cold) Rainy Night
06. Like A Rolling Stone
07. Fresh Garbage (tape flip after song-audience noise patch added to smooth out an abrupt break)
08. 1984 >
09. (When I See You in the) Morning Light
10. Mr. Skin >
11. It’s All The Same >
12. Drums >
13. It’s All The Same >
14. I Got A Line On You


(disc two)
Early Show encore:

01. Living In This World >
02. Wild Thing >
03. Veruska >
04. Nature's Way (reprise)


Late Show:
05. Hello to the Late show and tune-up
06. Instrumental Jam (or unknown song title)
07. Take It In Time
08. Same Old Naturally / Band Introduction
09. Nature's Way
10. Dark Eyed Woman
11. Open Up Your Heart (tape flip)
12. 1984
13. If I Miss This Train
14. (When I See You in the) Morning Light


memories:

I had to work until 9:30 that night (Slipped Disc Records) and so John, Sue and Mark went to the show and recorded the early set without me.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento