sabato 2 marzo 2024

Journey - 1983-03-02 - Tokyo, JP (FM/FLAC)


(FM Broadcast FLAC)

title: Shredding The Budokan

Lineage:
FM Broadcast -> unknown source (cassette?) -> CD-R -> Exact Audio Copy ->Trader's Little Helper (FLAC level 8)

cd1
01 - intro (removed - contains official release)
02 - Chain Reaction
03 - Wheel In The Sky
04 - Line Of Fire
05 - Send Her My Love
06 - Still The Ride
07 - Open Arms
08 - piano solo
09 - Frontiers
10 - Rubicon
11 - Faithfully

cd2
01 - Who's Crying Now
02 - Don't Stop Believin'
03 - Stone In Love
04 - Keep On Runnin'
05 - Any Way You Want It
06 - Separate Ways (encore)
07 - After The Fall (removed - official release)
08 - Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin' (removed - official release)
09 - Don't Fight It (encore)

Sound Quality A+

Notes:
Not the complete show. Not broadcast (or at least included in my version) are the songs No More Lies, Backtalk, Edge Of The Blade, Escape, and Lights. I have removed the intro as it contains the studio version of Any Way You Want It. I have also removed 2 songs from the encore - After The Fall and Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'. These 2 songs are contained in the official release Journey - Greatest Hits Live. Although the credits on the official release say the Japan songs frmo the album were recorded in May 1983, all records I can find on the internet indicate they were touring in America in May 1983, and I am sure those 2 songs from Greatest Hits Live are taken from this Japan show.

Now that that's out of the way, this is an awesome show! Killer versions of all songs, but definite hightlights are the triple hit of Send Her My Love, Still They Ride (best version ever!!?!), and Open Arms. Separate Ways is also especially rockin' in this show. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. 

1 commento:

  1. im the one who created this show/artwork etc. The show is dated 3.2.83, not may? I made this show before the official release of a couple songs.

    RispondiElimina