lunedì 11 settembre 2023

Heart - 1987-09-11 - Oklahoma City, OK (AUD/FLAC)

(Audience FLAC)

The Myriad


Recorded, transferred and upped by MJK5510 (November 2012)


Transfer(s): Audience Master > Marantz PMD430 & Nakamichi CR-5A (Azimuth Adjusted) see description > MacBook Pro > Audacity > Peak Pro XT (Volume Smoothing/Edit/Indexing) > xACT > FLAC


This is the first digital transfer of my master tape.


It's taken about 3 weeks to get this one properly transferred. There were some major issues at the start of taping this show that lasted through the first 2 songs or so that I have worked very hard to correct.

The tape jammed so I missed the first minute or so of the first song.
When I pulled the tape for transfer I discovered on playback some major wow and flutter throughout the first song and minor wow and flutter throughout the second song.

I did 2 separate transfers of the master tape, one using the deck I used to originally record the show which gave me the foundation and took care of any issues after the first song with the exception of Barracuda sounding a little off.

Second transfer was done using the Nak as I discovered that I could azimuth adjust and correct the bad sections of the tape with a lot of detailed work. So, I've spent a number of late nights playing back the first transfer to identify the bad segments and correcting those parts using the Nak to make manual adjustments to the master tape, then splicing those parts into the foundation tape to "rebuild" the fist song. Barracuda was also re-transferred using the Nak and spliced into the first transfer.

After it was completed I had spliced in 22 separate snippets to rebuild the song ranging from about 1.5 seconds to 44 seconds.


If originally the song was about 25% listenable I'd say now it is 95% listenable. It's not perfect as there is still a few small areas that neither deck would correct but they are very minor especially compared to where it was originally.


No problems in the rest of the show besides a small splice at the end of I Want You So Bad.


Disc One

01 Bad Animals (In Progress)
02 The Wolf
03 Barracuda
04 Nothing At All
05 What About Love
06 Dreamboat Annie
07 These Dreams
08 Straight On
09 Even It Up
10 I Want You So Bad (splice) 


Disc Two
01 Wait For An Answer
02 Who Will You Run To
03 Never
04 How Can I Refuse
05 Crazy On You
06 If Looks Could Kill
07 Bebe Le Strange
08 Magic Man
09 Alone
10 I Hear You Knockin' + Rock & Roll


Known issues:

-Bad Animals rebuilt due to wow and flutter splicing in 22 separate snippets from a second manually adjusted transfer.
-Splice at the end of I Want You So Bad.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento