lunedì 23 ottobre 2023

Echo and the Bunnymen - 1999-10-23 - Las Vegas, NV (SBD/FLAC)

(Soundboard DATmaster FLAC)

SOURCE:
House of Blues in-house mixing desk > Sony standalone DAT recorder (part of the HOB house system) > digital transfer to PC via egosys2496


01 Rescue
02 Crocodiles
03 Evergreen
04 Loose (The Stooges cover)
05 The Fish-Hook Girl
06 Seven Seas
07 Bring On The Dancing Horses
08 Back Of Love
09 What Are You Going To Do With Your Life?
10 Fools Like Us
11 The Killing Moon
12 I Want To Be There (When You Come)
13 Altamont
14 The Cutter
15 Lips Like Sugar


Encore 1:
16 Nothing Lasts Forever
17 Do It Clean > Elvis impersonation > Roadhouse Blues (Doors cover)


Encore 2:
18 Villiers Terrace
19 Over The Wall
20 Summer Wind (Frank Sinatra cover - a cappella)
21 Ocean Rain


NOTES by the uploader:
This is my personal DATmaster from the show. Weeks before this show I contacted the band's manager by email to ask permission to tape from the soundboard and to my surprise he replied that it would be OK. He gave me his contact info and told me to ask for him at the door. I flew into Vegas for this show with my stealth mics in case it didn't work out but I actually found him at the venue and he set me up with the sound guy who instead of letting me plug into the mixing desk outputs actually just popped my blank DAT tape into the house system which was already configured to record. Needless to say, I was stunned. He also provided me with a backstage pass to meet and greet after the show with the band...best taping experience ever. I have given this out a few times over the years but now hopefully enough time as passed to give it the distribution it deserves. Excellent soundboard and balanced recording...this sounds as good as an official release. No post-processing has been done on this recording.

3 commenti:

  1. The links are dead, can we get a re-up please?

    RispondiElimina
  2. Terrific story. Thank you for sharing that and of course for posting the show. Cheers.

    RispondiElimina